Diabetic Friendly Omelette

07:37



Being Diabetic is not an easy thing, I should know I have Type 1 Diabetes. That being said life doesn't have to be horrible for you. You can still enjoy all the things you did before, just in moderation! Because it is November (National Diabetes Month) I thought I would share one of my favourite Breakfast foods with you! Until recently I was struggling with finding food that I enjoyed that didn't shoot my sugar levels through the roof. I am not a cereal person at all, I hate the mushy milky texture that happens when you eat Cheerios! So I set out to find breakfast foods that I actually enjoy. Omelettes and eggs are where it is at for me. They're tasty and low carb, which is important for a Diabetic. I am not a Doctor or Dietician, this is just what has been working for me. I hope all of my fellow Diabetics out there find this simple yet delicious recipe as amazing as I do!



THINGS YOU'LL NEED

2 Eggs - 2 Carbohydrates 
Vegetable of Choice (I used Broccoli) - 7 Carbohydrates
Mozzarella Cheese - 1 Carbohydrates
A Small Tomato - 3 to 4 Carbohydrates
Frying Pan 
Spatula
Optional * Salt, Pepper and Herbs





DIRECTIONS

1. Heat your stove top to medium heat, place frying pan on (Add a little bit of butter if you need to)
2. Chop up your Vegetable of choice and then put it into a bowl.
3. Crack your eggs into the same bowl and mix together.
4. Pour omelette mixture into the frying pan. 
5. Thinly slice your cheese, and place onto omelette.
6. When the cheese has started to melt, its time to fold your omelette in half. Then let it sit for 1 minute.
7. Take your omelette from the pan and place on your plate.
8. Slice up your tomato, and add herbs, salt and pepper to taste.

I hope this recipe was helpful to all of you out there. It always keeps me satisfied and controls my Glucose levels. Remember that you are not alone in this battle, stay strong and keep your head up.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave me a comment on each post so I know what you guys think, or want to see! :)

Popular Posts